[Framers] OT: General writing question

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Thu Jan 26 06:58:18 PST 2017

All,

I know that this list is for Framemaker-related questions, but that means we
are all writers on this list, so I wanted to post a general writing style
question to the multitudes of gurus that I can reach as a result. . .

Since the cows have come home, I have always, and I mean always, used Times
or another serif font for body text and san serif for headings and I know
that this is considered the "norm" or "standard" for tech. docs. That said,
this new client is also insistent on using sans serif fonts for both
headings and text and it isn't pretty when you're trying to read this
manual.

Does anyone have any hard references/links to sites that you could point me
to that stipulate why this is the norm/standard for writing manuals?  Right
now, my client considers everything that I offered as an explanation as
simply anecdotal and not worthy of consideration.

Yea, I am about to punt. . . .

Thanks,

TVB