[Framers] Up for discussion: changing Framers' default Reply-To behavior

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Thu Jan 26 11:23:09 PST 2017

I _much_ prefer a default "Reply-To-Sender". Reasons:

- A default Reply-To-All is noisy. (I'll note that Carol suggested that
we reply privately to her. Why is this thread special?  :-> ).

- A default Reply-To-All _will_ cause private or embarrassing messages
to go to the list, from senders who use it accidentally.

- If one accidentally replies only to the sender, that's easy to fix.
Just send the message again to the list. But it's impossible to retract
a private or embarrassing response sent to the list. There's no "undo"
for an unintentional "Reply-To-List".

Having said that, I'm grateful that this list continues (thanks,
Carol!), regardless of admin settings or ground rules.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.