[Framers] Slightly OT: Adobe FrameMaker ACE program

David Creamer ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Sun Jul 9 15:10:46 PDT 2017

The last ACE test for FrameMaker was for version 10. Adobe is no longer
offering that version; I presume because it was getting so old.

Eventually, a new test should be offered, but I think the Adobe
certification programs are going through another periodic revamping turmoil.
At this point, there is no way to be a  Frame ACE.

The ACA is for colleges and was brought about when Adobe split commercial
training centers from accredited schools, since they focus on different
types of training. The ACA is more concept based for print, web, and
video--it's not lesser, just different. In some ways, more interesting but
it requires the time that accredited schools can provide, not 2-5 day
training centers.. It also focuses on the Creative Cloud software, not
FrameMaker or the Technical Communications Suite.

Dave Creamer
IDEAS Training