[Framers] Inserting element in FrameMaker 2015 XML Author mode (Author View)

Linda Rose lnr at qad.com
Tue Jul 11 13:32:53 PDT 2017

Hi,

We are authoring DITA xml using FrameMaker 2015 XML Author mode in Author
View. To add an element, I am able to position my cursor after the
preceding element, press Enter and then I am presented with a list of
elements in a scroll list that I can choose from to be inserted. However,
several other writers in the group (who have the exact same version of FM
that I am using), are not getting the scroll list to select the element
from when they perform these steps.

I haven't changed any settings in FM. Has anyone else seen this
inconsistent behavior? What is the preferred method for inserting an
element?

Thanks,

Linda