[Framers] Old bug: Find does not find - character CR stops search

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Tue Jul 25 00:48:54 PDT 2017

Dear all,

A colleague in Germany again run into this old trap. Hence I have filed bug
FRMAKER-3169 : Find does not find - character CR stops search

I have first documented this problem for FM-7. At that time the reason was an import
from Word. But it turns out that is not the only possible cause (as the colleague
said). It was quite difficult to shrink down his file to a two-page test case:
As soon as I cut out some text, the problem was gone! So it took me several attempts
to shrink down the document to a short test case (2h).

There are other strange things with these \x0d:
«It also happens that opening the file multiple times - with searching for the word -
and then closing without save - suddenly lets you find the word... If once found, you
need to restart FM (without save of cours) to get the Find problem again. It even may
happen that intensive scrolling back and forth 'cleans' the document.»

MIF wash cures the document!
But first you must have the idea that it can be cured...
Klaus Daube             Phone:  +41-44-381 37 77
Schäracher 11           Mail:   klaus at daube.ch
CH-8053 Zürich          Web:    www.daube.ch