[Framers] active URLs spanning more than one line

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Fri Jun 9 13:31:51 PDT 2017

Well, thanks to these suggestions, I'm starting to whittle down the
problem but still don't know how to fix it. Disabling Acrobat's
"Create links from URLs" feature helped me to identify the actual
problem: When I select the link in the PDF and view its properties,
the entire link text is there, so Frame's marker text was correctly
passed on. But the invisible rectangle around the box that defines
the active area for the link is only as wide as the http:// part of the link.

On that same page, I've added ginormously long test URLs (from
Amazon) that wrap across several lines and they all perform correctly
in the resulting PDF.  So there is something going on with this URL
that is preventing the text after the http:// from being included in
the PDF's active link. Here is the URL again:

http://advancedbiofuelsusa.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/11-0307-Biodiesel-vs-Renewable_Final-_3_-JJY-formatting-FINAL.pdf

Can anyone see anything in this URL that would offend Frame?

Monique, yes I'm using a hypertext marker.

Carol