[Framers] Para tag "As Is" property?

Scott Prentice sp14 at leximation.com
Mon Jun 12 13:34:39 PDT 2017

Hi...

As far as I can tell, there's no way to assign "As Is" to a para tag
property definition. You can do it for char tags (and conditions), but
even though "As Is" is a valid option in many of the para tag
properties, there's no way to actually assign this value. Yes?

I've seen this value in the para tag properties for as long as I can
remember, and didn't think much of it, but I'm wondering why these
values exist in the para tag property lists, if they can't be used or set.

*If* there was some way to define an underlying "document" property for
items like font or color, then it would make sense for a para tag to
have an "As Is" value so it would inherit from the document defaults. In
fact, there are such document properties, but the only way I know of to
change them is to do it via the FDK or MIF (??). So, in theory, para
tags could make use of an As Is value .. but I don't think you can set
this value.

I'm hoping that I've just missed this feature after all these years ..
can someone explain why and how?

Thanks!
...scott