[Framers] [Frame] Kinda wonky '17 support for Dropbox

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Fri Jun 16 07:51:30 PDT 2017

I've been curious about what's different "under the hood" in
FrameMaker's Dropbox support. I see this sort of error regularly from
clients who use Dropbox as a file system. FrameMaker generally doesn't
"like" shared and network folders (it's rather intolerant of network
latency while saving), so I thought perhaps Adobe had adjusted FM to
save more reliably to Dropbox. Or perhaps not.

I don't recall seeing the error message about losing image data before
FM 2017. Does anybody know if this is a new message?

I regret that I don't have a solution, other than "Don't save directly
to a Dropbox folder".

-Alan

--
Alan Houser