[Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 14:12:46 PDT 2017

Echoing others' queries as to why?

Many years ago I attended an interview for a contract with a client that had advertised a job as requiring 'Pagemaker skills'. I did not have 'Pagemaker skills' (even by then Pagemaker was obsolete), but I was intrigued.

In discussion it turned out that "someone who knows about technical documentation told us that we should do it in Pagemaker".

I got the contract, and did it in FrameMaker.

Moral? Management often operates on hearsay, and your say is often better that their say ;-)

--
Steve