[Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 23 12:19:47 PDT 2017

> Regrettably, that isn't necessarily true. A lot of the folks who use InD
> are first and foremost *designers*, and have no qualms about
> hand-formatting everything on the page to produce a lovely composition.

Yes! I've indeed worked with InDesign designers who have every format
manually applied. Their idea of a "template" is simply a copy/paste of a
previous doc. It's horrible to work with their files. I've ended up creating
my own properly structured/styled InDesign templates and treating their
files as content source material, just as I do when I work with people in
Word. It's no different.

-Monique