[Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

Craig, Alison acraig at bkultrasound.com
Fri Jun 23 12:24:04 PDT 2017

Couldn't agree more!

Alison

From: Framers [mailto:framers-bounces+acraig=bkultrasound.com at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Monique Semp
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 12:20 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: [Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

> Regrettably, that isn't necessarily true. A lot of the folks who use InD
> are first and foremost *designers*, and have no qualms about
> hand-formatting everything on the page to produce a lovely composition.

Yes! I've indeed worked with InDesign designers who have every format
manually applied. Their idea of a "template" is simply a copy/paste of a
previous doc. It's horrible to work with their files. I've ended up creating
my own properly structured/styled InDesign templates and treating their
files as content source material, just as I do when I work with people in
Word. It's no different.

-Monique