[Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 07:14:07 PDT 2017

Mickey,

Where is your company located (if you don't mind my asking)? The thing is, there are plenty of very experienced FrameMaker users around, as evidenced by this list. There are probably more that an couple in your area who could pick up the pieces if (God forbid) you were hit by a bus. I often tell my handlers the same thing about my own job. The nice thing is, after working for a particular business for a while, your expertise goes far beyond the tool and delves into the particular business. As a result one becomes more valuable than any potential replacement making replacement an unlikely scenario barring some cataclysm. FM mavens get paid fairly well, but the advantages of the tool usually make that a very worthwhile investment.

Craig