[Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Sat Jun 24 13:14:37 PDT 2017

Rick,

As mentioned, InDesign's indexing definitely lags behind Frame's. If the job
has enough profit built in, I would look at a commercial plug-in/script,
such as IndexMatic or Virginia Systems.

One tip (don't know if this will help): since index entries are hyperlinked,
turn off Auto Update URL Status in the Hyperlinks panel menu. That will
prevent ID from trying to update as it goes.

Another thing that causes it to take forever is the multiple undos. I have
this problem when using database plug-ins. ID wants to make an undo step
every step of the way. I don't know of any want to stop it from doing that.

David Creamer
IDEAS Training
http://www.ideastraining.com

Adobe Authorized Instructor & Certified Expert since 1995
Authorized QuarkXPress Instructor and Certified Expert since 1988
Authorized FileMaker Instructor