[Framers] OT: Stopping Adobe's auto install of Reader DC

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Wed Mar 1 11:42:44 PST 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Craig, Alison <acraig at bkultrasound.com>
wrote:

> As for shortcut keys, I love them as well. But every time a program is
> redesigned, the shortcut keys seem to change - or even worse, *some* keys
> change - so you have to learn them all over again.

​That's why I recently noted InDesign's Quick Apply (QA) feature on this
list in response to the mention of a new FM menu command feature that I
can't see because I'm not using recent FM releases. QA brings up a
keystroke-aware menu from which users can invoke almost every menu item,
option, script, named paragraph and character format, and more. It would be
great if Adobe would put this technology into all products. Back in the old
days (like around the time that Frank was probably working on IXgen
prototypes <G>) I remember learning Lotus 123's menus and options by
reciting aloud the keystroke that were the initials of the layers of the
menu sequences needed to get down to the intended command. QA is the same
kind of learning - the name of the thing itself, period.