[Framers] using variables

Barlow, Patrick N patrick.n.barlow at boeing.com
Mon Mar 20 07:43:36 PDT 2017

I have a document that contains a table that spans 264 pages. We need to number each page with a sheet number. Table 1 (Sheet 1 of 264) on the first page and each subsequent page will just contain the sheet number. Table 1 (sheet 2) and so on. I'm trying to use a variable that can be inserted after the table number inside of the title. Variable Table Sheet  (Sheet <$tblsheetnum> of <$tblsheetcount>) will be the first page, second and subsequent pages will use (Sheet <$tblsheetnum>). Since I have to insert the variable on the title I can only insert it on the first page, which prevents me from using two different variables.

I'm not sure how to create a variable to output one value on the first page then something different on subsequent pages. We have a table continued attribute that is inserted on the table title but does not display until after the first page. I'm not sure how that works, but it is similar to what I need to in this case. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

Patrick N Barlow
Technical Publications