[Framers] using variables

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:05:32 PDT 2017

Hey Patrick,

As far as I know, there is no way to make a single variable have two
different values in the same file, and if you insert two separate variables
in a table title, they'll both show up for every page that title is
displayed on.

Some of the scripters might have a different answer for you. :)

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Barlow, Patrick N <
patrick.n.barlow at boeing.com> wrote:

> I have a document that contains a table that spans 264 pages. We need to
> number each page with a sheet number. Table 1 (Sheet 1 of 264) on the first
> page and each subsequent page will just contain the sheet number. Table 1
> (sheet 2) and so on. I'm trying to use a variable that can be inserted
> after the table number inside of the title. Variable Table Sheet  (Sheet
> <$tblsheetnum> of <$tblsheetcount>) will be the first page, second and
> subsequent pages will use (Sheet <$tblsheetnum>). Since I have to insert
> the variable on the title I can only insert it on the first page, which
> prevents me from using two different variables.
>
> I'm not sure how to create a variable to output one value on the first
> page then something different on subsequent pages. We have a table
> continued attribute that is inserted on the table title but does not
> display until after the first page. I'm not sure how that works, but it is
> similar to what I need to in this case. Any assistance will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat
>
> Patrick N Barlow