[Framers] Suddenly not working FM functionality? - also, a shout-out to Tech Support for being so responsive!!!!

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Mon May 1 10:56:19 PDT 2017

The first time I ever saw FM, it was on a UNIX system, probably FM 2 or
earlier. The tech writer showing it off blew my mind by using FM's built-in
screen capture to shoot the screen and bring in the image, without missing
a beat in the content-creation process. IIRC, there was an option to copy
or import the captured image. So, we've seen generations and decades of
regression and feature loss, yet we stick with Ol' Faithful because it does
its basic job so well.

Yet, there's that other sticky issue - third-party providers whose tools
don't keep up with change.

You've been around long enough to know that this stuff happens, and that
the glitches which cause the frustration you've outlined here are NOT YOUR
FAULT. So, rather than drinking yourself into oblivion, pat yourself on the
back for having traced the issue to its core, and take pleasure in the
gratitude of the community's thanks for adding to our knowledge, so others
don't have to reinvent solutions for the problem.