[Framers] Suddenly not working FM functionality? - also, a shout-out to Tech Support for being so responsive!!!!

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Mon May 1 11:32:48 PDT 2017

FrameMaker's original job was page layout.

The only reason it didn't go the way of Ventura Publisher and
PageMaker is that it evolved into an extensible tech docs platform.
Some companies (notably Boeing) built large systems around it. Others
used add-ons to turn it into a single-source tool.

I think it's behind the competition in every way except for the editor
giving you a good WYSIWYG preview of PDF / print output and getting
professional-looking PDF / print output that meets your company
standards without having to invest a lot of time in tweaking CSS and
pagination rules.