[Framers] FrameMaker keyboard shortcuts just stop

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Wed May 3 06:46:36 PDT 2017

Many, many thanks Rick!
If an update or bug-fix is released, it will hopefully apply downward to at least FM10 (which I run at home) and FM11 (which I run at my office) because I know for sure that my company will NEVER update to a newer version because it costs money. (Plus, I myself prefer to have all my stuff -- program and data files -- right on my own hard drive.)
-- Ken in Atlanta

    On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 4:20 AM, Klaus Daube <frame at daube.ch> wrote:

 On 2 May 2017 at 14:36, Ken Poshedly wrote:

> Folks,
> At least every other day, and for no reason obvious to me, all keyboard shortcuts in FrameMaker will stop working after awhile and all tasks must be done via menus-and-mouse. For me, this such a PITA. And it happened again this morning. This has been going on forever. (Well, you know what I mean.)
>
> The only fix I know of is to close everything, exit FM, re-open FM and so forth.

Ken, I have filed a bug FRMAKER-2325 stating that frequently all CTRL+xx shortcuts do
not work any more. On my system (W7 XP1, x64) this 'feature' exists since about
FM-11. I hoped it would go away with a fresh Windows installation on a new laptop -
but it did not. So it definetely must be something with FrameMaker.

I have even discovered that the following actions can trigger the fault:
- switch to another application (e.g. text editor) and back to FM
- switch to Pincackle Studio (a video editor) and back reproduceably creates the
fault.

I have just added to that bug report:
«It seems that not only CTRL-xxx shortcuts are affected, but all Windows specific
short cuts (not the ESC sequences). See the lengthy lamento on
http://www.mail-archive.com/framers@lists.frameusers.com/msg66590.html and following
posts.»

Klaus
Klaus Daube            Phone:  +41-44-381 37 77
Schäracher 11          Mail:  klaus at daube.ch
CH-8053 Zürich          Web:    www.daube.ch