[Framers] FrameMaker 7.2 Crashes

Michael Lewis mlewis at brandle.com.au
Tue May 16 03:49:55 PDT 2017

I blush to admit that I am still using FM 7. I used it professionally
for a long time, and produced many technical and academic texts with it,
despite the hassles of getting colleagues to deal with PDF commenting;
but as a retired person I don't need and can't justify any upgrade.
Anyway, the point is that only under Win 10 (which I hate for many other
reasons) do I have this problem: if I hold down the left mouse button
for anything that FM apparently considers "too long", FM freezes. I'm
trying to train myself to use the cursor keys more than I used to, but
it's still a pain.

I don't expect Adobe to produce a fix for FM 7, but it would be
interesting to see where the problem is coming from.

- Michael Lewis