[Framers] Linking to a LAN Shared Drive

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Fri Oct 6 07:46:02 PDT 2017

FrameMaker uses the backslash character in dialogs for specifying
special characters, such as \D equates to a double dagger symbol. To
avoid this, you will need to double up the backslashes, thus:
file:///\\\\xxx.xxx.xxx\\xx\\CORP\\MANY\\DEPTDATA\\xxxx\\xxx_Reference.pdf

FrameMaker historically had multi-platform support, and so all path
names in FrameMaker can be specified using forward slashes, for example:
     file://hostname/xx/CORP/MANY/DEPTDATA/xxxx/xxx_Reference.pdf

You may want to consider NOT referencing file content, as some browsers
- Internet Explorer and Google Chrome - can get picky, and fail to
display content.  Additionally, spaces and 'extended' characters in path
names can also cause trouble.

I hope this helps.
// Simon BUCH