[Framers] How do you identify an advanced Framemaker user?

Shmuel Wolfson shmuelw1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 04:37:13 PDT 2018

Ask them to combine some short documents using single-sourcing features,
and see how they do it, whether they use shared book, text insets,
variables, etc.

But I disagree that it's not important to have a good technical writer,
and that it's more important to know FM well. You need both, and you
could always send him/her to an advanced FM course. In my opinion it's
more important that they have a good technical aptitude and are good at
explaining things. I would hire someone who at least knows FM though.

--
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer