[Framers] Perpetual Newbie Question #1

Dennis Brunnenmeyer dennis.brunnenmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:14:17 PDT 2018

I've used FrameMaker 7.2 on and off over the last 8+ years, yet I still
remain somewhat of a newbie. Please forgive me for asking a basic question
or two now and then.

When opening one or more of my documents, I sometimes encounter the message
that my document contains one or more fonts that are not available on my
system. The two that appear are Liberation Serif and Times. In both cases,
FrameMaker says it will replace these with Times New Roman.

I'm rather uncomfortable receiving these warnings and would rather not have
to concern myself with the meaning and possible impact on my work.

I saved the *.fm file as a *.mif document and found numerous appearances of
the Liberation Serif, but none related to Times. Replacing the Liberation
Serif occurrences with Times New Roman, followed by saving the file with
the changes made no difference. The *.fm file, when reopened, still says
that the font substitution (Liberation Serif > Times New Roman) took place.

I scoured the Reference Pages for the document but could find no references
to either Times or Liberation Serif.

I'm at a loss as to how to eliminate this unsettling message when opening
this document. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dennis..
--
Dennis Brunnenmeyer
Host | Nevada City Limits