[Framers] Are "point-pages" still in use?

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue Aug 14 13:09:01 PDT 2018

Hi Klaus,

I continue to use point pages and Rick's plug-ins to maintain them.
Point pages are critical to a couple of rail industry books that I
manage that govern how trains are operated in interchange. One book
is updated quarterly; the other every six months. Pagination must be
kept frozen between the annual releases of these books. Although they
are available as a PDF download, the changed pages in the interim
releases are printed in hardcopy and mailed to subscribers. If
changes to a page cause text to reflow to an extent that creates a
new page, then I must create point pages for those pages. For those
who have never heard of such a thing, point pages are decimal-defined
pages that are inserted between regular pages. For example, pages
102, 103, 104, 104.1, 104.2, 105, 106.

Carol