[Framers] Are "point-pages" still in use?

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Aug 14 12:55:53 PDT 2018

Hi Klaus,

It still works, even in the latest versions of FrameMaker. However, the
feature has serious limitations:

1) Table that split across pages cause problems.

2) The document's autonumbers reset on each page.

3) It doesn't work with structured documents.

The main limitation was number 2 and I managed to program around these, but
you had to follow very specific steps. A few people bought my solution, but
it was pretty much a maintenance headache because people didn't always
follow the rules.

I do have one client that still successfully uses my process for a large
document set.

Try it for yourself. Open a FrameMaker document and press Escape p z.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
rick at frameexpert.com
585-729-6746 NEW!