[Framers] Losing Page Breaks in FM2015

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:07:40 PDT 2018

Are you inserting the page breaks after generation? That's not information
FrameMaker retains. Every time you regenerate, you are creating the file
from scratch.

There is a Cudspan plugin called TOC Breaker than handles this situation.
It does it by creating a reference page with information on where the
manually inserted page breaks are. When you regenerate the file, run the
utility again to have the page breaks restored.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 1:32 PM, Stephanie Hutchison <
shutchison at mraservices.net> wrote:

> We are losing page breaks during file generation (TOC, List of Figures,
> etc.) or adding of index tags in FrameMaker 2015. Suggestions?
>
> We always place our tags at the end of the header or term, but that
> doesn't always make a difference. Those are easier to catch than when the
> breaks are lost during file generation.
>
> Stephanie Hutchison
> Manager of Data Operations
> MRA Services, Inc.