[Framers] Space being removed in structured output

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:17:08 PST 2018

I have just tested this in FrameMaker 2017 (with DITA-FMx) and in 2019
(without DITA-FMx):

   1. Open the topic as you posted it (in Frame 2017 and 2019).
   Result: the space after <i>Safe life </i> is gone, so no space between
   the words "life" and "design" anymore.
   2. Remove the space  after the word "life" and type a space right after
   the  italics end tag </i>, so just before the word "design". Then save,
   close and reopen the file.
   Result: Surprise! The space is still there.

I think it's a better practice in general to type the space outside the
inline element.

Kind regards

Yves