[Framers] Size of HTML5 Help file - how to reduce

Caroline Tabach caroline.tabach at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 06:08:50 PST 2018

Hi

R&D told me that the HTML 5 help file that I made is too big.

It came out as 15 MB

Currently I have included the screen captures in the help.

I made a new version without most of the screen captures, and it is much
smaller.

1. Do you show the screen captures in help files?
2. Are there any settings in the Frame publisher that can themselves
compress the graphics used in the help file (instead of removing them all)
3.  Can you make screen caps as thumbnails?
4. Has anyone else encountered this issue, and have any insights?

-- thanks

Caroline Tabach
Technical/Marcom Writer
e-mail: caroline.tabach at gmail.com