[Framers] question re getting an old Frame version without a license key

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Wed Feb 7 15:54:58 PST 2018

I have a friend who needs to upgrade his skills on Framemaker and
doesn't have a current license or the means to pay for one. 1) Is
there a way to download an older version of Framemaker that doesn't
require a license key? 2) If he were to purchase an older version on
eBay that purportedly comes with a license key, is there a way he
could verify the validity of the license before he purchased the
software? 3) I have several CDs for older versions of Frame. If I
gave him one of these along with the license key that I used when I
registered that version, would he be able to install the software and
would it endanger my current V12 license? 4) Are there any other
options that you know of to help in a situation like this?

Carol