[Framers] Problem while converting Ditamap to Book

Vinaya Krishna vinayakrishna at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:31:40 PDT 2018

Hello,

I had posted this query even in FrameMaker Community too but didn't get any
reply. So posting it here hoping I will get some sort of insight on my
problem here.

I am facing a strange issue while converting Ditamap file to Book file.

I have created a Ditamap file as shown in the following screen:

[image: 1.png]
<https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-10430204-1503465/1.png>

One particular XML file (highlighted XML file in the screenshot) which is
used as chapter's main page, when converted to Book, is not getting
converted to a folder. Except for this file, all other XML files are fine
as shown in the following screen.

[image: 2.png]
<https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-10430204-1503466/2.png>

All the other XML files which are used as main chapter pages are getting
converted to folders. Because of this group formation (Group 1 in the above
screenshot), the whole hierarchy and the chapter and topic numberings are
getting affected. I am using the option Save Ditamap as Book 2017 with
components while converting Ditamap to book.

Right now, I am using a workaround where I am deleting this group,
inserting a new folder, linking the appropriate FM file to the folder to
get the hierarchy right. Yes, this is a cumbersome and annoying process as
I have to follow this cycle in each product release.

I want to know the logic behind on what basis FM considers some of the XML
files as folder conversion file and some of the XML files as group
conversion file?

I don't know whether I am missing something here or this is a bug. Please
shed light on the FM conversion mechanism of Ditamap to book.

Thanks in advance.

Vinay

--
VINAYAKRISHNA