[Framers] Flare

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Jun 26 09:31:53 PDT 2018

Depends on your experience. I had used RoboHelp before I used Flare
and they're generally very similar.

Most of my problems with Flare were due to bad UI design or incomplete
or confusing documentation. Often I couldn't find features that I knew
were in there someplace. I got answers to most of my questions quickly
on forums.madcapsoftware.com, and when I didn't that was usually
because Flare couldn't do that particular thing.

If you've never used any topic-oriented authoring tool (Oxygen,
XMetal, RoboHelp, Paligo, really any single-source authoring tool
except FrameMaker), there's probably more of a learning curve.