[Framers] Flare

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Jun 26 10:55:13 PDT 2018

By some definitions, XHTML is structured, but as a practical matter,
from a tech docs viewpoint, compared with DITA or DocBook, it's very
free-form. You're formatting text much as in unstructured FrameMaker.
You don't get nearly as many validation errors about "this tag can't
be used here."

MadCap marketing people work overtime to blur the distinction between
XHTML and DITA. And in fact Flare gives you many of the benefits of
DITA or DocBook with less overhead.