[Framers] Best practices for multiple users

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Mar 23 12:31:52 PDT 2018

The target document has to be open. If the other writer is working on
the target file, you could put in "add x-ref" placeholders and add
them later.

Are you using a source control system such as Subversion? That helps
avoid problems. You check out the files you need to work on and check
them back in when you're done. While you have a file checked out, it's
locked so no one else can accidentally write to it. (Most source
control systems except Git have locks.)