[Framers] Win 10 Build 1709 Breaks FrameMaker Ability to make PDF.

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Tue May 8 12:34:29 PDT 2018

OK, on May 6th, my PC evidently took Windows 10 updates and I am on Windows 10 Build 1709. Like Oran, my system is now unable to create a PDF using the Print to File option, but the message that I am receiving is the long forgotten and improperly worded issue about relying on system fonts and not using document fonts:

When you create a PS file, you must rely on system fonts and use document fonts. Please go to printer properties, "Adobe PDF Settings" page and turn OFF the option "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts."

I went and checked and in BOTH places where this option should be TURNED ON is indeed turned on. (Adobe PDF Printing Preferences and Adobe PDF Printer Properties > Advanced > Printing Default.)

I have had this option checked in both places on multiple systems since the cows came home and now, all of a sudden, this Windows 10 system on which it had been working before just cr*pped out after this last round of updates.

I could understand if ALL options to print to a PDF died a miserable death, but why just this one if nothing apparently has changed about the option being selected?

GRRR. . . can you hear me banging my head against the proverbial brick wall?

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com
www.spectrumwritingllc.com