[Framers] Putting Text in a gray box? - Can it be a para tag?

shuttie27 shuttie27 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 00:56:09 PDT 2018

Hello CarolineAs far as I know, there is no way to create such a paragraph format directly in Frame. The alternative in Frame is to put the text in a one-cell table. You can define the background colour for a table cell, and borders as desired, and save it as a reusable table format.You can semi-automate the process with a plugin called AutoText, which I think is free (working from increasingly dim memory here, as I don't use FM much these days).One caveat occurs to me, and that is that in FM, unlike Word, a table cell cannot span a page break, so long pieces of code could be problematic.It I were doing it, I would forgo the shading and just demarcate the code with appropriate white space and, as you say, a monospaced font such as Courier.
Hope this helps. As I said, I'm working from memory so some of the details given above may be inaccurate!
Roger

Sent from my tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Caroline Tabach <caroline.tabach at gmail.com> Date: 10/05/2018  07:25  (GMT+00:00) To: "An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software." <framers at lists.frameusers.com> Subject: [Framers] Putting Text in a gray box? - Can it be a para tag?
Hi,

I am going to import a set of Word files to Frame.

I am working on setting up a template in Frame which contains styles that
look like the styles in Word (where this is feasible)

The Word template put program code in a little grey box.

i.e the text is courier etc. with a border around it, and pale grey fill.

Can such a paragraph tag be made in FrameMaker? If so, how?

I do not mind spending time setting this up, but after this I would want to
use it easily using keyboard shortcuts (F9 etc)

Thanks

--
Caroline Tabach
Technical/Marcom Writer