[Framers] FrameMaker Data in Footer

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 15 08:07:44 PDT 2018

A LEP is a list of effective pages. I think Leximation has a plugin that
can help with that.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of it, but it sounds to me as if you
could use variables for the "TA number, page #, revision # & date",
couldn't you, and then just use the variables you need in the Running H/F
and in the text?

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Shmuel Wolfson <shmuelw1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't really understand your requirement very well and I don't
> understand what you doing now. Could you please explain it again? Also,
> what's a LEP?
>
> Why can't you just insert variables in the header/footer? Than you could
> add those variables to a template, remove all other variables from the
> template, edit the variables for each book and import the variables from
> the template.
>
> Shmuel Wolfson
>

> On 15-May-18 3:22 PM, Julie.Sigrist at airbornemx.com wrote:
>
>> I am using 2017 unstructured FrameMaker to produce an Aircraft Maintenance
>> Manual Supplement which is currently in Word. At the bottom of each page
>> needs to be an ATA number, page #, revision # & date, and effectivity
>> code. I initially set these up as running headers on the master page and
>> used markers on the body page to fill in the information. However, I would
>> like to use this information to run a TOC and LEP, but seem unable to when
>> text frames are on the master pages.
>>
>> Could some one suggest a productive and efficient way to set up this type
>> of a scenario? I've been using unstructured Framemaker for 10 years but
>> these aviation manuals I've recently been tasked with (AMM, IPC, etc.) are
>> more complex than the internal procedures manuals I've been doing and
>> would appreciate any suggestions.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Julie A. Sigrist
>> Quality Assurance
>> Airborne Maintenance and Engineering Services, Inc.
>> (937) 366-2482 (Direct)

>> stinfo.cgi/framers-frameusers.com
>> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com

> stinfo.cgi/framers-frameusers.com