[Framers] FrameMaker Data in Footer

Fred Ridder DocuDoc at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 08:08:49 PDT 2018

LEP = List of Effective Pages

________________________________
From: Framers <framers-bounces+docudoc=hotmail.com at lists.frameusers.com> on behalf of Shmuel Wolfson <shmuelw1 at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:39 AM
To: Julie.Sigrist at airbornemx.com; Framers - frameusers.com
Subject: Re: [Framers] FrameMaker Data in Footer

I don't really understand your requirement very well and I don't
understand what you doing now. Could you please explain it again? Also,
what's a LEP?

Why can't you just insert variables in the header/footer? Than you could
add those variables to a template, remove all other variables from the
template, edit the variables for each book and import the variables from
the template.

Shmuel Wolfson

On 15-May-18 3:22 PM, Julie.Sigrist at airbornemx.com wrote:
> I am using 2017 unstructured FrameMaker to produce an Aircraft Maintenance
> Manual Supplement which is currently in Word. At the bottom of each page
> needs to be an ATA number, page #, revision # & date, and effectivity
> code. I initially set these up as running headers on the master page and
> used markers on the body page to fill in the information. However, I would
> like to use this information to run a TOC and LEP, but seem unable to when
> text frames are on the master pages.
>
> Could some one suggest a productive and efficient way to set up this type
> of a scenario? I've been using unstructured Framemaker for 10 years but
> these aviation manuals I've recently been tasked with (AMM, IPC, etc.) are
> more complex than the internal procedures manuals I've been doing and
> would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks
>
> Julie A. Sigrist
> Quality Assurance
> Airborne Maintenance and Engineering Services, Inc.
> (937) 366-2482 (Direct)

FrameUsers.com | The Adobe FrameMaker Online Reference Site<http://www.frameusers.com/>
www.frameusers.com
Adobe FrameMaker software is a template-based authoring and publishing solution for unstructured, structured, and XML/DITA content. There is a large and loyal community of Framemaker users across the globe.

Send messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com