[Framers] Windows Anti-virus prevents PDF generation in unique graphic setup

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Fri May 18 22:00:38 PDT 2018

Hello Carla,

I have previously experienced this some years ago, and another user in
this forum also experienced this - around 7 March 2013.

 From my investigations, it appears that any graphic with a transparency
layer cause the Microsoft AV engine to work overtime, and fail to print
anything.  Looking into the problem further, I discovered Microsoft have
multiple AV products, such as:
•    Microsoft Security Essentials
•    Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
•    Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint
•    Microsoft Endpoint Protection
•    Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection
•    Windows Intune Endpoint Protection
•    Windows Defender

It should be noted that Windows 10 is supplied with a copy of Microsoft
Windows Defender, and it is not possible to uninstall.
It is typically deactivated when a third party antivirus product is
installed.

To allow FrameMaker and Acrobat Distiller to print, if you make use of
Microsoft anti-virus products, it is recommended to configure the
antivirus product to exclude scanning the processes such as:
     %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\FrameMaker.exe
     %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\acrodist.exe
… and also to exclude scanning the folders and files below:
     %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Adobe

Regards
// Simon BUCH -- M-AIS