[Framers] Windows Anti-virus prevents PDF generation in unique graphic setup

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Fri May 18 14:53:40 PDT 2018

Great persistent detective work, Carla. Kudos to you and your colleagues.
Please be sure the info gets reported to the FM development team. Let's
hope any fix doesn't cause another puzzlement.

It sounds like some kind of validation is repeating unnecessarily.

Back in the days of FM on UNIX, one of the new releases suddenly became
stalled when printing. After much similar teeth-grinding system-level
research, it turned out that "fixing" a former printing annoyance/bug was
the cause. The "fix" was to verify the presence, and validate the status,
of all printers connected to all users on the enterprise's network, every
time a new print job was submitted. So little code, so much time-consuming
delay<G>.