[Framers] Just Starting w/FM 2019: Interface

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 19:57:29 PST 2018

   I think what I've had to do is consistent with what you found, although
   I didn't have quite the same display issues as you did. But
   menus/displays weren't functional enough to actually use the product.
   I have FrameMaker 2015 (as part of that era's Technical Communication
   Suite), and I'm running it on a Windows 10 VM through Parallels on my
   MacBook, with a 30" Dell monitor at 2560x1600. So not a Retina display,
   but high enough resolution that it seems to require the same display
   settings massaging as if it were.
   So for FrameMaker, I had to select "Override high DPI scaling behavior.
   Scaling performed by: System" in the shortcut properties >
   Compatibility tab.
   Just mentioning this in case it makes more sense to you Framers gurus
   than it does to me. (I'm not using FrameMaker for current work, but I
   do rather routinely want to look at something I've written during my
   FrameMaker days.)
   -Monique