[Framers] How to edit MiniTOC as defined on ref page so that only headings will appear in HTML5 Help??

Caroline Tabach caroline.tabach at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 06:32:18 PDT 2018

Frame 2017

I have set up my system to create nice HTML 5 help, with the product look
and feel.

There is one thing  I am stuck with, maybe someone has the answer

The PDF file has a mini-TOC for most of the chapters

It is in the form of
<$paranum> <$paratext> on page <$pagenum>

I set this up on the reference page

In the help file itself, I would like to have this Mini-TOC appear as
hyperlinks on each main topic page, but without the variables of the
numbering and page numbers.

These elements are as I said on the reference page, and not part of the
styles  (which would be easy to fix if that was the case)

Yesterday I thought that using the MiniTOC in the HTMLTemplate was the
answer, but when I sort of managed to make it work, I saw that it just
gives a list of topics on the same page (Is that correct)?

What I am looking for is how to make a  MiniTOC   from Frame appear in help
without the extra variables.

Is this possible?

Otherwise the solution, would be to have the regular  MiniTOC   not be
displayed in the help file, and either have manual X-refs, or make a
different  MiniTOC   for help files, with conditional text, using a
different set of styles?, which would be a little unwieldy, but would work
permanently.

I would welcome input on this

thanks

--