[Framers] Switching from InDesign to FM 11

ideaslists at ideastraining.com ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Sun Oct 28 06:15:24 PDT 2018

If the person is a self-learner, then Lynda.com would be fine. You usually
can get a free week.

Another, more focused option would be a day of focused instruction by
someone that is an expert in both programs. (I say a day, but it really
depends on the knowledge level of the person.) You can search for certified
instructors at:
https://training.adobe.com/training/partner-finder.html#p=1&product=adobe-fr
ame-maker&type=aci
Look for those that are certified on both programs; most instructors do
online training.

I can email you my comparison chart (thank you, Peter), but I have not kept
it up to date (although the basics are still there).
"A lot of InDesign experience" can go many ways...

The InDesign user should not have a problem, IF the InDesign user is
familiar with:
--Primary Text Frames
--Master Pages
--Smart Text Reflow/Delete Empty Pages preferences
--Paragraph and Character Styles*
--Table and Cell Styles*
--Variables**
--Conditional Text (if used)**
--Inline and Anchored Graphics
--Numbered Lists
--Books**
--TOC and other lists
--Indexing (if used)**

*These features are more powerful in InDesign
**These features are more powerful in FrameMaker
(Other features are similar in function but the creation and interface is
different.)

David Creamer
IDEAS Training
ADOBE Authorized Instructor & Certified Expert since 1994
     Training on the Creative Suite, the Technical Communication Suite,
and LiveCycle Designer
     FrameMaker Certified since 1991, including structured/XML
Authorized QuarkXPress Instructor and Certified Expert since 1988
Microsoft Office training, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Publisher, Project, and more
FileMaker Business Alliance member: Trainer
Authorized FlightCheck Prepress Instructor