[Framers] File Info Oddity

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:35:49 PDT 2018

There is a comma, and no, we don't do anything with it. It was just weird,
so I thought I'd ask.

Now, my OTHER new email about Frame 2017 failing to create a PDF file if
there are SVG images in the file, THAT'S an issue!

The same file that crashes Frame in Windows 10 will create a PDF with SVG
images if the OS is Windows 7. So I know it's a Windows problem, but I
can't track down when it was introduced because my coworker, whose file
this is, had not updated Windows 10 in a long time and when he finally did,
there were a LOT of updates. Before, it worked, now it doesn't. I tried the
same file on my home system (which has Windows 10 Pro and FrameMaker 2017
and Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, all of which have all of their updates) and got
the same issue. I don't use SVGs at home, though, so I also don't know when
the issue got introduced.

I thought Microsoft had FIXED this, and I am more than a little irritated
that it still doesn't "just WORK". The issue seems to lie solely with SVG
image files, btw. Anything else we use, and the PDf process just does what
it's supposed to.

Lin Sims