[Framers] Bugaboo

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:00:47 PDT 2018

The first thing I check when that happens to me is whether I have a
conflict between the numbering for the file as a standalone document and
the numbering for the file as part of the book.

The first is Format > Document > Numbering when inside the document.
The second is accessed by right-clicking on the file in the book list and
selecting Numbering from the right-click menu.

If the numbering properties for the file as part of the book conflicts with
the file as a standalone document, FrameMaker uses the formatting set by
the book.

The next thing to check might be whether you set the autonumbering to
something other than 1, or maybe you didn't reset the variable correctly.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 2:53 PM Doug <dbailey4117 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm on my fourth Book now, and each book has a TOC file, LOM file, and
> two LOP files.  The second LOP file in this latest Book has a glitch I
> can't seem to explain, let alone fix.  The numbering in the QwertyLOP
> paragraph format starts out with 6, when it should be starting with 1.
> The numbering in the Qwerty paragraph format in the chapter files
> starts with 1, as it should.
>
> I made the offending LOP file the same way I made the other LOP file
> in this Book, the same way I've made the other 6 LOP files in the
> other 3 books.  But this LOP file suffers from this bugaboo for some
> reason.  I can't figure out what's different.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Doug

Lin Sims