[Framers] Adobe PDF Printer versus my printer

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Apr 10 07:34:54 PDT 2019

Hi Carol,

None of the plugins originally compiled for 32-bit FrameMaker (2017 and
below) will run on the 64-bit version of FrameMaker 2019. When you use Save
As PDF, you don't really need SetPrint anyway because FrameMaker
automatically switches to the Adobe PDF printer in the background. I am
trying to have the best of both worlds: I want to be able to print to my
Brother printer from FrameMaker and also Save As PDF without FrameMaker
recomposing my document. I don't want to have to set FrameMaker to use the
Adobe PDF Printer make a PDF before printing my document. But that may be
what I have to do.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Rick