[Framers] Acrobat question

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 11 16:23:17 PDT 2019

Gang,

I don't know how, but somehow my Adobe Acrobat Professional 9.0 got corrupted. This became evident on Saturday while I tried to create a postscript file from FrameMaker (version 10).
My procedure:
1. Click on Print, then get the Print Document window.
2. Click on Setup and get the Print Setup window.
3. Use the drop-down arrow to select Adobe PDF as the printer,
4. Click on the Properties button open another window to check (or uncheck, I forgot which) a box so the viewer uses only the document fonts and not the fonts on the viewer's own computer.

Now, an Adobe PDF Document Properties window appears that is different from what I usually see. For one thing, it lists Default Settings as the ones I use for a hard copy printer that I use to print a large science journal that I do. The drop-down arrow next to that choice lists no other option.

There's more, but this is wrong.

So my questions are:
1. Did Microsoft drop down another of the lousy updates that convoluted my version of Acrobat? I did a check and found no updates in the past week or so, and this occurent is just in the last few days.
2.Can I reinstall Acrobat on top of what I already have (complete with the serial number) safely with it being "accepted"?

I know that when goofing around with FrameMaker, one must "deactivate" the current version before installing it again anywhere because you only get two legal installations (an office and a home computer), and I do NOT want to be forced into buying a subscription.
-- Kenpo in Atlanta