[Framers] Framers Digest, Vol 161, Issue 8

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Aug 20 15:02:29 PDT 2019

The last Mac version of FrameMaker was 7.0, released in 2002.

By that point, FrameMaker was pretty much a niche product for
technical documentation and SGML. Many of its users were in large
corporations that had standardized or were standardizing on Windows.
FM was at best #3 or #4 in the Mac desktop publishing market, after
Quark, InDesign, and maybe PageMaker. The chances were slim that Adobe
would get a return on the significant investment it would have taken
to port FM to OS X.