[Framers] Updating Entity Declarations in XML Output and Working with CGM Graphics

cuc tu cuc2u at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:27:59 PDT 2019

I'm working from a structured XML document that I've saved as FM. I have removed several graphics, which are declared as entities. When I save out XML, all of the unused entity declarations persist. How do I remove those? I'm also now getting an error message that notation mif was referenced but never declared. That just came out of the blue so I don't know what I did to cause that issue?

I'm having a difficult time with having the graphics  written out in CGM format.

If I'm using Illustrator files that are properly sized and Import them at 100%, the resulting CGM file resolution is very low.

Some of the graphics are TIFF and the resulting CGM file ends up being physically too large for the customer (we only give them XML and CGM graphic files, and they produce PDF with graphics show about 400% larger). TIFF files are also imported at 100%, but I noticed some of the TIFF files have large DPI settings, like 200 or 600. When I open the XML file in FM, some of the graphics are a little larger than from the source, but not nearly as large as what I see in the PDF.

Thanks