[Framers] Updating Entity Declarations in XML Output and Working with CGM Graphics

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Wed Aug 21 11:27:07 PDT 2019

On 8/21/2019 10:27 AM, cuc tu wrote:
> I'm working from a structured XML document that I've saved as FM. I have removed several graphics, which are declared as entities. When I save out XML, all of the unused entity declarations persist. How do I remove those?
When you open an XML document, FM saves information from entity and
notation declarations as well that were specified in the XML document on
a reference page called Entity Declarations. It also saves any entity
references within the <!DOCTYPE declaration. When you save the document
as XML, FM recreates the saved declarations and references. Doing so is
essential since the effective DTD can be changed by these declarations.
If your files only include information about graphics on this page, you
can safely delete the reference page before saving as XML.
> I'm also now getting an error message that notation mif was referenced but never declared. That just came out of the blue so I don't know what I did to cause that issue?
Look at your XML output and see if some graphics are being written out
as MIF. You can avoid the problem either with r/w rules that change the
output format or by adding a notation declaration such as:

<!NOTATION mif "">

I'm having a difficult time with having the graphics  written out in CGM format.

Do you want CGM? You can specify a different format with a r/w rule such as:

     export to file "graphic.jpg" as "JPG" ;

See the Structure Application Developer's Guide and Structure
Application Developer Reference for details.
     --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.