[Framers] Batch Word Conversion

Jeff C knowonelse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 14:18:57 PST 2019

Do not be surprised if you have to make multiple attempts to create a
stable conversion document mapping Word styles to FM elements. We ended up
at Version 34.

One technique I used was to change all text in the Word doc to green before
converting. Any text that didn't convert to something in FM stayed green
allowing me to focus on Styles that didn't get mapped properly.

This only really works if the Word docs are consistently Styled.

Jeff C - no longer working in FM, but ugh, Word instead

+++++
"As of FrameMaker 2015, FM can map Word styles to FrameMaker tags. They
don't even have to have the same names. It'll at least do the initial work."